"Spatial Planning developed a modeling solution that allowed us to evaluate different policy alternatives as part of an adaptive management framework. Patchworks integrated easily within our modeling environment allowing us to spend more time asking questions and less time formatting datasets."
Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources
Learn More: Policy Requirements
- Easily implement complex arrangements of overlapping zonal constraints (community watersheds, visual quality objectives, seral stage limits).
- Develop management plans that implement natural disturbance patterns.
- Explore and develop high-quality arrangements of retained habitat.
- Efficiently assess the trade-offs associated with different management options.
- Use the goal-programming framework to model and understand the balance between ecological, social and economic objectives.
Core Area Case Study
Development of core habitat areas is a requirement of many jurisdictions and assessment of design impacts on management and habitat can be tedious without a high-quality spatial modeling software solution. Learn more about how to automate core habitat design and assessment in the October 2008 Forestry Chronicle article Technical Considerations in the Design of Core Habitat Patches in Forest Management: A Case Study Using the Patchworks Spatial Model.