Minimum System Requirements
The minimum computer requirements to install and run the Patchworks software on a small sized model include:
- Windows XP/7 or Windows XP/7 Pro 64. Windows Vista not recommended
- X86 or AMD64 compatible CPU with a speed rating of 850Mhz or greater
- Memory depends on the complexity of the model, but 512Mb RAM is generally the minimum for small sized problems
- Minimum 1Gb available disk space (50Mb for software, 640Mb for the sample datasets, and the remainder for working space)
- A CD-ROM reader
- A USB port for the hardware key
- An up-to-date web browser such as Fire Fox 20 or Microsoft Internet Explorer 9
The ideal computer configuration depends on the size and complexity of the model that you will be running. For best performance consider:
- Windows 7 64-bit OS. This operating system has improved memory management performance over previous releases. The 64-bit memory address space provides the capacity for larger models, up to the size of physically memory.
- AMD64 compatible CPU with a speed rating of 3Ghz or greater
- Memory depends on the complexity of the model, but up to 16Gb of RAM may be required for complex models, and more memory will allow for multiple models to be run simultaneously.