The Patchworks software provides effective, innovative mechanisms to control the spatial allocations of management treatments and the retention of forest structures. Options include:
- Patch size distributions by area or frequency. Multiple patch categories can be modeled simultaneously.
- Variable adjacency delay timings based on user-specified criteria.
- Multiple sub-regional targets, which can be used to implement zonal constraints.
- Road access models that enable you to implement rational economic criteria.
- Manual imposition of go/no-go zones that change over time.